Saturday, September 15, 2012

New cookie cutters

I am way too obsessed with cookies cutters as you can see... I have way too many already & yet felt the need to buy more... these were like $5 for 10 so I thought why not? these are not your ordinary cookie cutters though because if they were I would be insane to practically buy the same cookie cutters that I already have in my rapidly expanding cookie cutter cabinet (this used to be a tin can full of cookie cutters but I have upgraded from the tin, to a big box, to a cabinet).


These cookie cutters are made out of silicone and stretch & "squish" (I dont really like that word and am not sure why)




Pretty cool huh?


So I made almost 100 of the little guys & made some regular sized ovals and had to "squish" the bottoms of those.


The identity of these cookies will be revealed later this week. I mainly did this project to give cookies to the volunteers at a local children's hospital... Lebonheur. I also decided to do this to see how much time and effort it would take to crank out about 100 cookies from my oven at home. It only took me about 2 & 1/2 hours to make the cookie dough & icing, cut out & bake the cookies... icing all 105 cookies to be exact will take a bit longer but will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment