Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas is coming...


Every Thanksgiving we go to my Mimi's house to celebrate. After we become more stuffed than the turkey we make sugar cookies. This has been a tradition since my sister and I became coordinated just enough to cut out cookies. We sit on the counter, roll out the dough & stamp out the cookies. I think this is always the part I look forward to the most about Thanksgiving.



My mom worked on Santa while I got a little creative with the other cookies.



The Christmas trees are my favorites from this batch.



Also every year we take a family picture on the stairs. My mimi, my brother, & my dad are in the back, my sister, me, & my mom are in the front with our two dogs.


My uncle in the picture with my family.


Another tradition we started a few years ago is playing Apples to Apples over the holidays. Rose, my dog, always wants to sit in my lap whenever we play a game at the table. My dad went to take a picture of her & somehow he got one of her mid-yawn.



Thanksgiving last year:



Me & my sister making cookies... there is no longer enough room for both of us to sit on the counter...








No comments:

Post a Comment