Sunday, June 24, 2012

My friends birthday is this week and one thing I'm doing for her is making her a few cookies. (Kaitlyn if you read this... Happy Birthday! and you now know ahead of time! haha!) Since I'll only be making a few for her that leaves the leftover dough for experimentation! LOVE experimenting with extras... I get to use my creative genuis instead of someone placing an order. I want to do something I have yet accomplished in the cookie realm... I was thinking about trying to make some gender reveal cookies. I saw some pretty cool ones on interest last night but I think I may mix it up a little bit from the way they did theirs. Here is the link since I didn't want to upload her picture without permission.
http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/2012/03/gender-announcement-cookies-by-montreal-confections-guest-post/

Now that I have completely strayed from talking about birthdays... I thought I would go back to talking about them since that's how my overly ADD & ADHD brain works.

Monster Truck Birthday Cookies:

Some of the coolest cookies I think  have ever been given the amazing opportunity to make have been the Monster truck cookies for a friend/co-worker of mine whose son turned 4. Her son is obsessed with monster trucks and his two favorites are Grave Digger & TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Since I was a little short on time to make these I tried to keep the majority of the cookies simple. I as his mom and I talked about the cookies she said I didn't really have to do anything fancy and tires and checkered flags were good (since I would not have time to order a monster truck cookie cutter). My brain started cooking up something right away and I came up with the idea of having an "accent" cookie (probably not the official name for it... oh well) which would be his two favorite monster trucks. I had my first cookie tasting at work the same day that she wanted to pick these up so I enlisted an extra pair of hands... my mom. As I worked on the cookies for the tasting as well as the basic cookies for the birthday boy my mom worked on the monster trucks. I think they turned out amazing!

The Grave Digger

TMNT
The two of us got done around 1 a.m. but the end result was fantastic and i don't think we could have done a better job! 

Thanks for reading & feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment