Monday, June 25, 2012

More Birthday Cookies

As I dropped off the cookies where I work for my friend/co-workers's son's birthday (the monster truck cookies) my boss lets me know she wants 3 dozen cookies for her granddaughter's birthday. She told me her granddaughter was having a "hippie-ish" party... with tie-dye, peace signs and all that "jazz." Anyway, I immediately begin coming up with ideas in my head and know that if I want to pull them off right I will need to experiment first. So, I make the first batch of tie-dye cookies and they turn out much better than I ever expected (since my expectations were of them coming out brown bc the colors mixed together).





I threw the daisy in for "funzies" and made a few extra but they didn't all fit in the picture. Because I practiced making them before I made the actual order I conjured up a few things that would make the tie-dye process a little easier, so I used some squirt bottles for candy making (the ones you put melted chocolate in & things of that nature). And the end result was this:


The colors were a little different from the first time but I think they still looked amazing. I also added a few daisies, smiley faces and peace signs to make it make "hippie-ish"







And there you have it... I am trying to update daily at least while I'm out of school for the summer... We'll see how long that lasts... Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment