Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brush Embroidery

I figured since I'm hopped up on all the caffeinated sweet tea I drank while I was at work I thought I would post tonight, since I probably won't be fallen asleep any time soon anyway... I thought I would start off with my most favored cookie (by me anyway). I absolutely LOVE making the brush embroidery cookies!


As I have come to learn that every cookie is unique, no two cookies will ever be the exact same this is what I think really makes these my favorites... because every time I make them the flowers always come out "the same" yet beautifully different. This is simply done by piping the icing on the cookie then, with a damp brush, sweeping the icing across the cookie. I must say I get a lot of inspiration from pinterest as well as from a few other blogs. I love to search pinterest for cookies... the usual as well as the abstract. Some of the cookies I find are so intricately detailed I don't know how someone could make a cookie like that. I guess that comes with lots and lots of time, practice, and an immense amount of patience! These cookies at first took quite bit of patience to get the hang of the right amount of "dampness" on the brush, but in the end they still turned out very well. My mom and I did my first round of these together for Mother's Day. As, always... feel free to comment below! I'd love to hear from you!





No comments:

Post a Comment